The winter has finally arrived and you should have taken out the warm clothes. Winter is a great time for families. You can huddle in the blankets or comforters, or just sit near a fireplace, chatting and exchanging tales. Besides, winter is the best time to enjoy a filling meal. You can always have your tummy-full without worrying about feeling bloated. So, if you want to enjoy a filling meal with your family this winter, while sitting around a fireplace, here is a great recipe for you. And the best thing is that it is completely vegetarian.
Here’s the recipe:
- Olive oil: 2 Teaspoons
- Red onion: 1, medium sized
- Garlic: 2 cloves
- Red capsicum, Half
- Sweet paprika: ½ Teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper: ¼ teaspoon
- Ground cumin seed: ½ Teaspoon
- Oregano: ½ teaspoon
- Pickled jalapeño chili (with the seeds removed)
- Diced tomatoes, canned – 400 gm
- Tomato paste: 1 Table Spoon
- Black beans: 400 gm can
- Salt: A pinch
- Cooked Brown or basmati rice: 1 cup
- Ripe avocado :1
- Fresh lime: 1
- handful of fresh coriander
Chargrilled veggie medley
- Olive oil: 1 tablespoon
- Medium zucchinis: 2
- Red pepper: 1
- Red onion: 1
- Button mushrooms: 10
- Salt and ground black pepper: 1 pinch each
- Large burrito tortillas: 4
- Mixed salad leaves
- Dice the red onion and sauté over a medium low heat in olive oil. Sauté till it acquires soft texture.
- Dice red capsicum into fine pieces and crush the garlic. Sauté them in the pan along with red onion and continue for around 4 minutes.
- Put Cayenne oregano ground cumin and sweet paprika to the pan and stir for a minute
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste to the pan. Drain black beans and add them too along with deseeded jalapeno chili.
- Allow the ingredients to simmer for 15 minutes on a medium heat after covering the pan with a lid.
- Use back of the spoon to break up beans and tomatoes and continue stirring occasionally. Add salt to taste.
- Add diced vegetables in a bowl with salt pepper and olive oil
- Allow it to grill for 5 minutes and ensure that they could cook evenly.
- Add ripe avocado to lime juice and chopped coriander and combine using a spoon; back
- Heat Burrito tortillas on a griddle for some seconds. Turn the back and continue.
- Layer burritos with rice beans guacamole and vegetable leaves and use extra coriander and jalapeno to garnish, fold into a pocket and enjoy!!